Hastings Sunrise Community Food Network was formed in 2012, to help connect and support the Hastings Sunrise community, towards the access of healthy, affordable food. We have a rich, long history of food programs and activities at our community centres and neighbourhood houses, and HSCFN connects them with other community food and garden initiatives, to help strengthen capacity for a viable and resilient food system for Hastings Sunrise.
Learn more about our food programs, workshops and gardens, connect with us:
- Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House
- Hastings Community Centre
- Kiwassa Neighbourhood House
- Thunderbird Community Centre
For more information or to be put on our mailing list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of HSCFN is to:
- Build individual and community capacity
- Learn about the needs of the community and to identify gaps in programs, services and information
- Provide insight, share best practices and bring service providers together to build a just, sustainable and resilient food system in Hastings Sunrise.
Helping to make food affordable:
Food for all! Food is a basic human right. Everyone in our community must be able to eat healthy, safe and culturally appropriate food.
- Where do you buy groceries?
- Where can you get low cost or free community meals and kitchens?
- Who provides free delivery for groceries?